YMCA closes pool for painting
UPDATE FROM YMCA:
Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances with the gutter painting product, we are anticipating the project to be completed on the 17th. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we are excited about the completion of the project and opportunity to maintain the pool and aquatics center.
Closure & Details:
- Lap Pool will be closed until Wednesday, August 17th
- Water Slide will be closed until Wednesday, August 17th
- Diving Board will be closed until Wednesday, August 17th
- All Group Water Exercise Classes will be held in the Rec Pool
- Swim Team will take place in the Gym
- Swim Lessons will start on Wednesday, August 17th. Participants will receive a credit for the adjustment.
- Once the Lap Pools opens, expect the temperate to be cooler than usual. It should be back to regular temperature on Thursday, if not sooner.
The YMCA of Grays Harbor has temporarily closed their lap pool to do maintenance.
The local YMCA tells KXRO that the lap pool at the facility is closed, and will remain so until Monday, August 15th in order to be painted.
In addition, the waterslide and diving board have also been closed for the same period.
The YMCA says that this work is being done to maintain the facility, and adds that they understand it could cause some changes for people, but their hope is to help match up members with alternative exercises in the interim.
While the work is being done, group water exercise classes have been moved to the rec pool, with the swim team doing alternative exercises in the gym.
The hot tub, sauna, and steam room remain open during the work.