More than $220,000 has gone to local schools in the latest Grays Harbor Community Foundation awards.
13 local districts and schools were awarded funding through the Education Grants and After School Grant Programs in place at the foundation.
According to a release, the grants program was specifically designed for districts to help streamline funding requests for districts.
Senior Program Officer, Jessica Hoover commented: “Investing in education in Grays Harbor is one of our top giving priorities. We are passionate about funding opportunities that allow our students to have access to high quality education. Through our granting opportunities designed specifically for school districts as well as our focus on the importance of expanding preschool opportunities in Grays Harbor, we feel confident that we support our districts and students throughout their educational careers in Grays Harbor.”
The Foundation says that they have awarded nearly $150,000 in Education Grants this year.
The districts that were funded through our Education Grants program include:
- Aberdeen School District– Multi-Tiered System of Support Continuation
- Elma School District– After School Programs and PBIS Support
- Grays Harbor College– Work Study Program
- Harbor High School– COPE Connections
- Hoquiam School District– 2019 Bookmobile
- Lake Quinault School District– Arts Alive 3!
- Montesano School District– Elementary Technology Project and Missoula Children’s Theater
- North Beach School District– Technology for the Classroom
- Oakville School District- Camp Invention STEM Program
- Ocosta School District– Technology for the Classroom
- Taholah School District– Credit Recovery Program
- Twin Harbor Skill Center – Medical Assistant Program
- Wishkah School District– Educational Field Trips
In addition, the foundation also gave over $70,000 to local schools through our After-School Program Fund.
The After-School Program Fund was formed 12 years ago to provide an extra boost to existing programs throughout Grays Harbor.
The schools that were funded through our After School Program Fund include:
- Hoquiam School District
- Harbor After School
- Montesano Community Outreach
- Oakville School District
- Ocosta School District
- Wishkah School District
The next Community Building Grants deadline is September 1st at 5PM.