The Washington State Department of Transportation announced that on Friday, Sept. 29, the median crossing between eastbound and westbound State Route 8 at Mox Chehalis Road East will temporarily close.
SR 8 at Mox Chehalis Road East left turn restrictions
- Left turns will not be allowed to or from the highway.
- Right turns will be allowed to and from the highway.
- The nearby Mox Chehalis Road overpass near McCleary will remain open.
In the coming weeks, crews will complete a crossover lane. This work will reconfigure the westbound lanes to accommodate both directions of traffic. One lane will remain open in each direction around the work zone.
Once the temporary configuration is in place, left turns will open to eastbound SR 8 travelers. The left turn restriction will remain in place for westbound travelers until the project is complete in late 2025.
Whenever near work zones please:
- Slow down – drive the posted speeds, they’re there for your safety.
- Be kind – our workers are out there helping to keep you safe and improve the roadways.
- Pay attention – both to workers directing you and surrounding traffic.
- Stay calm – leave early; no meeting or appointment is work risking someone’s life.