Hoquiam fire leaves no injuries to residents; a turtle was rescued, but a dog is missing

The Hoquiam Police Department was on scene, along with the Hoquiam, Aberdeen and Cosmopolis Fire Departments Thanksgiving night at a house fire in the 500 block of K Street in Hoquiam.

15168691_1147046588681855_3539926873760716401_oAccording to the report, the one and a half story home was fully ablaze when the first crews arrived.

They say that nobody was at the home when the fire broke out, as the residents were in the process of moving out.

As the fire burned, explosions and flashes could be heard and seen from within the home. Hoquiam Police say that it is likely that fireworks inside were caught by flames.

Streets were closed for several blocks around the fire.

15194365_1147046565348524_1261443543565403660_oPolice Chief Jeff Myers said that while the family was not home, and at a relative’s house for holiday dinner, multiple pets were believed to be inside at the time.

Myers says that a turtle was rescued from the house by firefighters, and a small dog was missing from the scene.

 

 

 

 

SHARE

RELATED CONTENT

Semi vs Semi accident sends one man to hospital Harbor Strong is looking to reduce underage drug use Over $650,000 coming to Quinault Indian Nation from DOJ Up to $750 for high school students available in contest Budget advisory committee being formed to help Aberdeen School District cut costs Burn ban adjusted locally
Comments