Grays Harbor County is moving forward with plans to address local homelessness.
This plan was “directed by the Homeless Housing and Assistance Act of 2005 and is funded by document recording fees.”
In the plan, Lentz told the council that they have identified strategies to combat the growing concerns within the community.
As a part of their strategies, Grays Harbor County plans to;
- Fully Develop Coordinated Entry
- Maintain and Expand Affordable Housing options
- Invest in Housing Resources for vulnerable populations
- Build and Strengthen Housing System
- Increase Community awareness and education
While many programs are already underway, Lentz says that additional funding sources and assistance is needed as they continue to work toward finding a solution to homelessness in our area.
You can read the full 10 Year Plan at www.healthygh.com/housing.